Monday, September 6, 2010

Trial # 2: Don't Eat The House







Run once( ever). Check.




I think I should be more clear. Running implies actually running. I would say that this activity involved more of a placing one leg in front of the other in a somewhat rapid succession.

This is probably the best indication of what I look like when I run. And NO I'm not wearing a snow jacket or backpack. I just tend to bulge out a little, all right? Backup...


 I know that this was not running because I saw an actual person running while walking to work today (and by walking I mean leaving the parking lot and entering my building). It was some young 20-year-old stud without a shirt doing sprints up and down the street. Can you imagine, someone who actually likes doing it for fun.

And, I should mention, this is somewhat hypocritical because, let's be honest, if I were to take my shirt off and run around people would not be happy!

This brings me to my next point, avoiding ridicule and laughter while running! I discovered the secret to not being seen and ridiculed for my "running." I decided that if I was going to "run" it would be best to do it while it's completely dark outside. That way anyone who actually sees me will just think it's a really large cloud passing overhead causing a large shadow and everyone can avoid embarrassment.

So, "running," check. Now what do I do with the rest of my day?

I guess the next big challenge is not immediately eating something that was bad for me. I went with a sensible breakfast of all bran and almond milk. I figured it would be smart to eat as healthy as possible. Anyway, that was the best part. I then did work all day.



When I got to the evening, that's where problems started. Not only was I ravenously hungry but I happened to have a freezer full of packages of chicken nuggets. Mmmm. Well, I had to get rid of them if I was going to be eating healthier.




Well, I cooked those two packages up quick and felt full again finally. But seriously, one day into this quest and already I'm eating packages of chicken nuggets? C'mon now, that's just not cool.




Oh well, I guess it's back to the drawing board. I will be getting up in the morning to run! That should help (haha).


Trial # 2: Don't Eat The House
Mission Status: Failed

No comments:

Post a Comment