Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 73: Seriously Seeking Sustainability

For real, today I hit this like I was serious. I clenched every muscle the whole time and I was like, nah - you ain't got nothing on me. And at the same time, I was like, hit this, man, you gotta hit this. And I did. I hit it hard. Which is why, at the end of the day, I am proud that while today marks 4 of 4, it also marks the first day where I took this seriously.

I'm tired of being fat. I've been tired of it for the last 12 years and that has not stopped me. But the last time I made serious weight loss a priority, I used some pictures of me as a motivator. Yesterday, I saw some pictures of me and they sure as hell motivated, except it was a video. Seeing my rolls of fat roll in the daylight was like seeing a bartender up close in the day light. It's usually seriously scary! 

Without being overly clichéd, it was straight up like this:

It was beyond embarrassing. Especially because I started to think about having to share that all day every day with every single person. They are subjected to my body every day. And while they don't have to stare at it, they also probably don't appreciate seeing it. I mean, its nice to look at people who areattractive. We often actively avoid the people who are not. It's actually kind of funny; I'm the worst critic of everyone else. In fact, when I see an obese person hanging around I judge them hard. But now, I worry that I'm the obese person and why wouldn't everyone judge me. So, I need to do something about this.

I know that being comfortable in your own body is part of being happy and content and yet, why not strive to be the most attractive person that i can be. Why not get and stay in great shape. So that I can live my life unburdened. 

Well day four of my recommitment is going strong and I hope to be able to continue working hard.




































No comments:

Post a Comment