Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 116: Easy Groove

I have not attempted my strength exercise yet, but I can say that the yoga today was smooth and refreshing. Despite not getting much sleep and consequently being very tired today, I can say definitively that today's workout ran much more smoothly. I worked hard and was more exhausted at each point, but that was because I was focusing intently on each pose and was able to move gracefully from pose to pose.

I am excited to start incorporating the elliptical into my daily routine. I know that I need to lose weight and I know that I need to do it soon. I have a major life event coming up in August and I'd like to look better than I do.

But, as you're no doubt sick of hearing, there are tremendous benefits to losing weight. In fact, losing just 5-10% of you current body weight (if you are significantly overweight or obese) can:
  • Increase energy
  • Restore confidence
  • Increase labido and testosterone development
  • Take you out of the pre-diabetes category and move you away from developing diabetes
  • As well as the more obvious clothes fitting and mood elevation
They say that adominal fat (for men) is extremely unhealthy and even modest decreases in size of the belly fat can produce tremendous positive health effects.

For this reason, I'm going all in. I'm giving it my best and then some.

Here's to a better me!

No comments:

Post a Comment