Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 120: Fuel

I've written a host of information about the workouts I've been doing but I have neglected one of the most important parts about losing weight. Specifically what I've been eating.

What I've learned on this journey from fatter to fat before is that you really can't have one without the other. Working out alone, is not enough. (Yes, I see the irony in that I have a workout goal but not an eating goal). The point of this blog has never been about losing weight. It has only been about being more active and getting a chance to see if exercising on a daily basis can help me manage being fat.

Good news. So far it has. But eating right is important too. It ensures that you are actually losing weight. Obviously, the formula that every heavy person knows is as long as calories burned are greater than calories consumed, you will lose weight. While that is true, it's not the way to feel good while losing weight or how to fight many of the urges that keep us fat.

Look, I'm no expert, but I have listened to a lot of people who are and they all say the same things. What you eat is just as important if not more important that how much. Obviously, you can't be stuffing your face with every single thing, but what you eat can put your body into a homeostasis that will help you control your energy, mood, cravings, and more.

Suffice it to say, I have been revamping my diet this summer. Making sure that I eat a lot more green, fruits, and staying away from processed wheats and sugars. It's not just about cutting out the cookies and sweets, its about cutting out the foods that mimic those processed sweets in your bodies. The way I've been finding to do it is to focus on eliminating traditional carbs and focus on lean protein and vegetables.

Surprisingly, it's really helped me to feel good. I'm nowhere near a normal fat person yet, but I'm not feeling bloated or overly large either!

To eating right and feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment