Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 125: The Struggle

With all of my exercises, I seem to focus as much, if not more, on the pain and struggle of the exercises, but I think that is because they always seem to be hard. If exercise were so easy, everyone would do it.

It's not that it's hard per se, it's just that it sucks.

Anyway, as you know, I've been using the elliptical at the gym as my first "real" form of cardio exercise in over a year. It's been going well except I find that I can't really do more than 20 minutes on it. That's just sad. I know I'm fat and that's definitely a factor, but my energy levels just seem so low.

The one time it was not a problem was when I went right after lunch. I noticed I had much more energy and was able to do 30 minutes without problem. Even as it is, I find myself doing anything I can to help me distract myself from the pain of the activity - usually by watching a half-hour episode of something on Netflix.

Anyway, it sucks. I need to look into a good workout routine for making the elliptical worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment