Friday, March 20, 2015

Day 10 (of 110): 100 Days to Go

Day 10

10 days down, 100 to go.

As the days pass, I find myself falling into a rhythm. I get up, try to eat correctly, and then do it again.

And yet, at the end of the day, I feel that I have not made any progress. I am worried that my resolve is slipping. I've been drinking my guilty pleasure: diet soda. Even though I know that diet soda has been studied and found to make the drinker gain weight, I cannot stop. And yet, I know that my appetite is greater because of it.

I need to keep reminding myself what is at stake. I must remind myself that I only have 100 days to get ready, 100 days to get my body and mind in shape. I cannot fall back and become lazy.

The other trial that I have barely mentioned is reconnecting with the world. Thus far, I made it 1-2 days without connecting. So, I declare publicly, that I have not been successful.

The worst part is that I know that the more I watch, the lazier I am, and the more likely I am to overeat. But I love television. I love playing games. I need to refocus and truly connect with the world in a positive way.

I need time to think about this. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

- The Fat Man

No comments:

Post a Comment