Saturday, March 21, 2015

Day 12 (of 110): LIke the Wind

Day 12

 Like the wind through the trees flowing freely, quickly, and without regard for boundaries, I set forth on this day free without boundaries, ready to explore the day.

The best part of the change in my eating pattern is that I don't need to think about eating. By this I mean, I'm not so focused on food the same way that I was before.

And now back to reality. My hope is that I won't be so focused on food in the future. Last night I had a crazy dream. I dreamed that I was out and about town and that I had almost no willpower. I got involved in a car accident in the parking lot of my favorite pizza place. Of course, to recover from the emotional pain of being in that accident, I went into the pizza place. I was all set to order my favorite Rigatoni alla Vodka Pizza when I realized that I was about to do. And in my dream—IN MY DREAM—I took out my phone, went back to my car, and read the affirmation against cravings.

Don’t Be Fat:

RESIST the temptation. The food will NEVER taste as good as you think it will. Instead, it will leave you feeling bloated, fat, and shameful. Resist, resist, resist. Your mind has tricked you into thinking you will feel good, nay great, upon eating this Penna alla Vodka Pizza or Noodle Pudding and Chocolate Milk [or any other food] but you know better!



REMEMBER the pain in your stomach, the uncomfortable gastro-intestinal discomfort afterwards. Remember that after eating just two slices of the not-as-good-as-you-remembered pizza that you felt congestion in your throat as your body fought to keep up with the dairy. Remember that your nose began to run and that your stomach felt as if it were being pressed into your kidneys, your esophagus, and your pelvis all at the same time. Remember that you feel like you can feel each gram of fat on your body crying out in shame and pain. FINALLY REMEMBER that after you ate the food you felt like GARBAGE -- specifically you feel bloated, tired, sluggish, and slightly nauseous. This is not how your body is designed to feel. The food you are craving right now will not make you feel better, it will not satisfy your craving, instead you will crave it again tomorrow which will not only derail your goals, but will keep you fat, unhappy, and alone. RESIST THE TEMPTATION.



And remember: this craving, too, shall pass.

AND IT WORKED. In my dream, I resisted eating pizza, despite walking into two other pizza places. This was more of an emotional victory than anything else!

I just hope my self IRL can be that strong.

Here to hoping and 98 more days.

- The Fat Man

No comments:

Post a Comment