Friday, March 13, 2015

Day 3 (of 110): Withdrawal

Day 3

I am going through withdrawal.

It's amazing to me that a person can feel withdrawal symptoms from overeating. Withdrawal symptoms. As in the same symptoms that someone feels when they stop doing drugs. Withdrawal symptoms like headaches, nassau, body aches, and general fuzziness. But that's what I'm feeling. I woke up this morning with a massive headache and body aches all over. It's easy to say that I just slept wrong, but I know better.


My body is detoxing. When you overeat, your cells never enter the repair stage of digestion. According to Dr. Fuhrlman's book, the process of digestion is hunger, food, digestion proper, and then if we wait long enough repairing of the cells. When we are addicted to food, we eat and we eat before our body is truly ready to eat again. If we don't allow our bodies to enter the repair stage, the body cannot repair all of the damage we do by eating different toxins—caffein, sugar, and other toxins from chemicals in our foods. And yet, when we allow our body to finally enter the repair stage, after chronically overeating, all of the toxins that have stored up but have not been released are finally released and it causes some havoc in the body. For me, it is the withdrawal symptoms.

So, today sucks. I knew this would happy and I'm happy to report that I've learned that this stage does not last that long. It should be over within the week.

At this point, I'm actually more nervous for the hundred pushup challenge. I'm worried that the lactic acid buildup is too much and will stop me from doing my pushups today.

Now, when I just did the pushups I can say that I was able to fight through the lactic acid buildup. I did the pushups, even if they did hurt like hell. Surprisingly, it was the lactic acid in my abdominal muscles that was the hardest to fight through. It almost felt like there was a pain going straight down to my pelvis. Even with that I did pushups in a set of 5, 7, 7, 7,  and 6 for 32 total pushups!

Onto day 4, only 107 days left.

- The Fat Man 

No comments:

Post a Comment