Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day 35: Undserved Cockiness

All right. I'll admit it. I was getting cocky.


I started getting cocky in my ability to do yoga. I was like, "I can do any yoga, any time, anywhere." I was a yoga champ.

And then I finally got around to doing a different variety of yoga. I did Rodney Yee's Power Yoga–Flexibility. First of all, it was a nightmare. That man is crazy.

I stretched in ways that my body wouldn't allow and that I did not know could do. And let me just say it: I failed. I failed miserably.

For example, Rodney Yee kept asking me to jump into Push-Up Position from Forward Bend. What I was doing was very carefully throwing my weight to my legs in an attempt to somewhat jump back and somehow "land" in push-up position. Here's what Rodney Does:






It's some sort of magic where based on his hands only he SLOWLY projects his feet into the air and then as if he's floating lowers the legs to the ground and ends up in the last last picture. How is a normal human supposed to do that???

I mean really. Anyway, flexibility kicked my butt. I will say that I was actually able to do this:




The Pigeon Pose! Then I had to lay out completely in front. It looks like it would be hard, but it was actually really relaxing. Anyway. I got my butt kicked and thought I should let you know how brutal it was. Let's just say, I might try that some more, but wow! If I can learn to fly like Rodney Yee, I might have a shot at dropping some serious poundage.

Regardless, I now know that I have a lot of room to grow and it wasn't the best idea to keep myself stuck in one repeating routine, it would have been smarter to keep pushing forward and growing with the new poses.

So challenge yourself to try something new. How are your new goals treating you? Have you been able to set a new goal to reinvest in your longer term goals?

For me, I finally caught up on sleep and feel like a completely different person. I feel awake and ready to go.  Because of that, I have been much better today in meeting all of my goals!

Good luck with yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment