Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 51: The routinization of a chore

Similar to getting better at this, I'm always surprised that something hard has become relatively easy to do. It's a relief to know that by doing yoga everyday, I am able to do more in my regular life.

When I look back to just two months ago when this all started, it is amazing to think that I couldn't do even the most basic things. Bending and stretching were hard. The rolls of fat prevented me from tying my shoes. They were a physical block to doing much of anything at all.

I know I still have a way to go. While my initial goal called for 60 days of yoga, it has become so much a part of my regular routine, and it makes me feel so good, that I think I want to continue doing it through the 60 days. I may continue it indefinitely.


No comments:

Post a Comment