Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 15: Up The Ante

According to Google, January 17th is National Abandon Your New Year's Resolution Day!

This is great news. It means we are almost to the point of getting to quitting and if we keep going for a little bit longer, we will get to habit. If National Abandon Your New Year's Resolution Day was the 26th of January, it would fail to be a holiday because so many people would have created a holiday!

Keep pushing through to the Saturday after next and you will conquer this. You will change your life by instilling a goals-based habit in your body and mind.

For me, I know that my routine has gotten a little tired. I find that I am able to do my Yoga without as much elevation of the heartrate and without struggling. At the same time, I do my routine in the morning when I'm first waking up and so I need something I can do consistently.

This week I am going to start challenging myself. I want to add something a little more to my routine. Now that my back is feeling better and I've learned not to push myself past my extremes, it is time to think about upping the ante; changing my routine in such a way that it will be difficult and engaging.

I know it is a drag to keep going, but I won't see results for six to eight weeks and I want to make sure that I see them. What has happened in the past is that I get to two to 3 weeks and its over, I'm done and don't ever get a chance to see the six to eight week mark. This time around, I want to make sure I make it.

I have a very important engagement coming up on the 11th of March and want to be in top form. Thus, its time to remember to bear down and stick with it. It's time not to get intimidated by a little time and play it to my advantage.

Right now it's winter. That ugly time when all I want to do is eat and cuddle under a blanket. But that's not what is going to happen. I'm going to keep moving and blogging and eating right so when I reach March and Spring is in the air, I will feel good about knowing that my resolve, my body, my mind, and my spirit have all matured and developed this year. I know you can do the same.

Join me as we keep fighting past national abandon your resolutions day! Keep fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment