Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 9: A Hamtastic Voyage

Every since I was little, I have struggled to increase my flexibility.

We had to do "fitness tests" in physical education and I was always so inflexible. Mainly it was a problem with my hamstrings. They were always so tight.

Later on, this led to a number of problems. I was prone to roll my ankles and sprain them because my hamstrings were so tight.

I have made short gains on my hamstrings, but nothing that has helped much.

I'm telling you all of this because I have noticed that of all my body parts, my hamstrings are the most affected by all the yoga I have been doing. It has only been eight days of yoga, but I already feel a difference. Today, I was finally able to master keeping my heels down during the "downward dog" pose. Because of this, I have been walking around with sore hamstrings all day.

And yet, I've had a smile on my face. This is a good thing. I wonder what other major improvements I can make over the course of this experiment.

I'm hoping that by the end of the 60 days of yoga that I will be much more flexible and limber. But also retain some significant strength in my legs and arms.

I highly recommend doing yoga. I will keep you posted as I move forward.


What have you struggled with? Take time to think about those struggles that relate to your goals and see if anything you are doing addresses them directly or indirectly. If so, consider how this will positively impact your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment