Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 1: Just made it!

I was under the impression that I would be able to start working out and that I would instantly be good at it.

I would tell my body to do something and I would easily be doing a full cardio routine in just minutes.

At 11:38, I realized I still had not worked out for this first day. (Even though at the time of this writing, it is the next day.) To do so, I realized I would need to get my workout in post haste or right away. Now I defined workout as any 20 minute session of heartrate increasing activity.

So, I buckled down and started doing some jumping jacks. Some push ups, some karate, some running in place, and some crunches. It all was very exhausting and not at all what I thought it would be. And, the worst part, I was only able to make it 12 to 14 minutes.

But this goal is about moving more and getting active. Baby steps. So while I did not meet my 20 full minutes of movement, I will count it towards my grand total of 320 and will keep moving towards that elusive fitness goal.

1 down, 319 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment