Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 25: Chemical Changes

I know I've said that yoga has been getting easier. But I must also say that I think I understand how a habit works.

Now, I have no scientific background or any training in science, but I'm starting to think that my body is undergoing some kind of chemical change in response to the habit. My body is responding to the use of yoga and rewarding me. Every time I complete the exercise, I get a sense of relief, almost like my body is beginning to crave the activity. It's why I'm starting to think that a habit is really just a chemical response to habituation. I've effectively managed to rewire my brain into thinking that I will be happier if I complete my yoga.

Regardless, I'm pleased that I'm just one day away from a habit forming.

For all of you experiencing the same phenomenon, congratulations! Keep working on your goals. Just 11 more months to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment