Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 4: Why is Yoga so hard?

Damn you Rodney Yee.

You make every move look so easy. You make bending at the waste and throwing one leg through the arms look like it should take no effort whatsoever, but it is hard!!

Speaking of hard, today was the first time that I started to waiver in my commitment to my goals. I know! Only four days in and we waiver all ready!

I think I know what happened. I did my exercise yesterday afternoon at 2pm and thus I went a full 24 hours without moving again. Combine that with the fact that I did not get as much sleep and that I was traveling around from rural areas to a city and back, it makes the challenge of sticking with my resolutions that much more difficult. To the point where I almost fell asleep without exercising and would have not done it.

But, once I started to exercise,I felt better about it.


I think that one thing I should work on to help me develop the habit of moving more and exercising daily is to ensure that I am doing it at roughly the same time everyday. This way, it will be worked into a routine of mine.

Hopefully, in the coming days and weeks, I will see improvements in my ability to finish even one yoga DVD and in my ability to get to exercising more quickly, without struggling to meet my goal.

Regardless, I should take a moment to be proud of the fact that I did my goal today. Now it is time for an affirmation:

Like you, I am strong. I am powerful beyond measure. It is times like these when I think of one of my favorite quotes from Marianne Williamson:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. 

Likewise, I believe in both myself and you. We are powerful beyond measure. We are great, beautiful, smart, thoughtful, kind, and good looking. We are strong, lean, and fit. It is within us all to reach our potential. Let us be not better versions of ourselves, but more confident, prouder versions of who we already are.

And with that I wish you luck on your day four. May your convictions to your goals never waiver. May you be on the right track to power and strength.


No comments:

Post a Comment